NESsT develops sustainable social enterprises that solve critical social problems in emerging market economies. Through financing and capacity building, NESsT blends business acumen with non-profit values and mission to serve as a social enterprise catalyst. Please visit our website at www.nesst.org.
NESsT is seeking a Communications Associate (CA) for its Timisoara, Romania office. The NESsT Communications Associate is a member of the NESsT communications team and has primary responsibility for ensuring that NESsT communications are professional, high quality and designed to maximize NESsT performance and mission impact. The CA will be responsible for implementing marketing and communications plans including overseeing regional media opportunities, executing the organization’s communications strategy for the CEE region, as well as contributing to the creation of publications, marketing materials, and online media. The CA will also collaborate with the team in the planning and implementation of special events within the region.
This full-time position is based in Timisoara, Romania and will report directly to the Director of Communications in San Francisco, California (USA) working in conjunction with the global NESsT Communications Team. Native Romanian Speaker required. Fluency – written and spoken – in English and Hungarian highly preferred. Familiarity with Croatian, Czech or Slovak languages a plus.
• Assist in implementing the NESsT communications strategy in Central Europe.
• Ensure that all NESsT communications meet professional standards and position the organization with all of its audiences and stakeholders.
• Support Communications Director in preparing the communications handbook and style guide.
• Develop, write and edit content for the web site, brochures, annual report, portfolio materials, press releases, banners and other promotional materials.
• Assist in the production of NESsT publications, including writing/editing, translation, and design in conjunction with each country’s Enterprise Development Manager.
• Help develop content for NESsT’s quarterly online bulletin, NESsT News.
• Maintain and update CEE country pages in English and local European languages on website using content management system.
• Work with Communications team to prepare marketing materials and social media for NESsT portfolio competitions and awards ceremonies.
• Work with the Portfolio and Consulting teams in the implementation of NESsT events, including organization of marketplace materials.
• Translate communications/marketing materials as needed for Europe and coordinate translations where necessary in other CE languages.
• Establish and maintain relationships with media and PR contacts.
• Increase NESsT presence internationally through publication of articles and recognition in major media outlets.
• Report on impact with portfolio organizations, including occasional site visits to organizations, and create/maintain/update materials on portfolio organizations (investment briefs, etc.).
• Support investor relations team as necessary in monitoring fundraising activities and campaigns.
• Ensure that donor communication requests are met and all corporate sponsorship is appropriately acknowledged.
• Provide occasional local administrative support in the Timisoara office as necessary.
• University degree or equivalent work experience (experience at non-profit organizations a plus).
• Minimum 3 years of relevant work experience.
• Native Romanian speaker.
• Fluency in English and Hungarian at the level of a native speaker: verbal and written.
• Familiarity with Croatian, Czech or Slovak languages a plus.
• Excellent writing skills in English and Romanian, critical editing eye.
• Relevant experience, particularly in the following areas:
– Travel planning and event logistics
– Database management
• Strong demonstrated research, writing, and editing skills (writing samples will be requested; professional editing and journalistic writing experience preferred).
• Excellent communication and organizational skills, strong attention to detail and the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Experience working in – or knowledge of – emerging market countries and passion for social change issues. Knowledge of social enterprise sector a plus.
• Strong computer skills and the ability to adapt to new technologies, including work experience with Microsoft Office, online CMS software and other social media tools. Experience with design software (InDesign, Quark or Photoshop) a plus.
• Technology proficient, including advanced knowledge of html, wordpress, papilia, etc.
• Social Media savvy, including ease using social media sites regularly and efficiently.
• Professional experience in communications or journalism, preferably with articles and press releases.
• Comfortable engaging with media and press contacts.
• Ability to be flexible, resourceful and innovative in a very virtual, small, dynamic, international, nonprofit environment.
• Ability to work independently and as a member of a team.
Compensation: Salary in local currency (Lei) with full benefits package. Competitive nonprofit salary based on experience and salary history.
The position starts at the beginning of May 2011.
• Review of applications and interviews will begin immediately, however the cutoff date for applications is Friday, March 27th.
• Send resume and cover letter in English, including net salary expectations via email to Carmen Mezinca at firstname.lastname@example.org. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE!
• In the subject of the email, please write “Communications Associate CEE application”.
• Only short-listed applicants will be contacted.